Sunday, May 30, 2010

Playground Fun

Watching the world go by!
The tube is the best. I like to crawl through and play peek a boo!

I'm on top of the world (or the slide).


But the swing is by far the best!

So one of our favorite things to do on a Saturday and Sunday morning, is head out to the playground in the nearby neighborhoods. We (Gavin and Mommy) walk Crash to the playground and make a whole morning out of playing and swinging. Granted we are outta the house at 7am and we are back by 9am because after 9am you're gonna hit those 3-digit temps! (Yes, Another disasterous summer in 'ole Arizona outback has begun).
This morning, just like most Sat and Sun mornings, we headed out to the playground. Me and the boys. And we're walking, and we're get to the playground, Gavin squeals with joy as I pull him out of the stroller and he runs towards the playground structure. This time however, he stops and plops himself in the sand instead of starting to go up the stairs. He starts grasping sand in his fists and looking at it, playing with it. I'm thinking to myself, "odd, but ok, we're experimenting with touch of sand." He starts laughing and getting more bold as he starts throwing the sand he picks up in each fist. Then as if in slow motion, a fist goes up, full of sand...he stares at it a moment, and looks at me. Then as if his eyes were the window to the thoughts in his brain, I lunge toward him......but I do not make it there in time as that fist full of sand........goes straight into his mouth.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Either he's working on building his immune system OR he needs more fiber! Yuck, Ick. I can't wait to hear the impending diaper story.